Training and Placement T & P Cell works to establish and maintain a strong bond between Institute and the Industry in different ways. It interacts with the industry frequently by arranging visits, encouraging our students to carry industrial projects and industrial training, reciprocating the feedbacks of students to dept., inviting learned personnel from industry for involving them in our academic programs to bridge the gap. We take care of our students by providing training including professional one to make the students best fit for the industry. Students are being provided with several opportunities, including participation in multinational companies, competing in Technical events of IIT’s and other places to make them perfectly fit for the industry and in higher education. The T&P Dept. maintains the updated database of students and forwards it to the industry as per requirement. Company details and job profiles are also displayed on notice boards before a company visits the institute. Apart from these activities, T&P Dept. also serves as a facilitator for arranging training programs for teaching and non teaching staff members of this institute. The majority of the students are selected through campus recruitment at the very beginning of every academic year by Multi National companies. The placement activities run round the academic year mostly for core industries. Reputed companies like RIL, Tata Motors, Cognizant, TCS, Bharat Forge, etc. visit our institution with a higher priority for its brand name.
The department of Training and Placement, the marketing division of the institute has these following functions and responsibilities:
- Nurtures Industry-Institute interaction, by organizing and coordinating frequent industrial visits.
- in-plant training and projects of industrial relevance for the students, with the sole aim of zeroing down the hiatus between the industry and the academia.
- Receives and forwards the feedback pertinent to curriculum improvement from the visiting companies to the faculty, to ensure that the curriculum follows the latest industrial trends.
- Helps every student defines his/her career interest through individual expert counseling.
- Makes available updated database and job profile of the companies and thus helps each student analyze and choose companies of his/her interest. The department has in its active file a database of nearly 500 companies.
- Organizes and coordinates Campus Placement Program, to fulfill its commitment of a job to every aspirant.